Look up! Do you like what you see?

First things first, if you notice a different tone to some of these posts, it's because I (the nagging wife who got Kevin to do this blog) from time to time can't keep my hands off it. I would say I am Kevin's biggest fan, but that isn't actually true since many of his clients easily eclipse my fascination with his venetian plaster finishes. Still, I am the fan who gets to see the biggest variety of his work.

I am also the not so great photographer who has taken many of the pictures of his work, and since my photographs don't do it justice, I feel compelled to add words.

Anyway, from here on out, I will be sure and sign my posts.

This post is about ceilings. People tend to spend a lot of time and money choosing what to cover their floor with, walls come next. Ceilings are usually ignored, and that is just too bad. Fortunately, some of our clients have broken the mold on this and here are a series of my personal favorites among the Molto Bene ceilings.

The top picture is a finish Kevin did in a game room. I love this so much I framed the sample board as art. It is a highly textured finish, and the swirls and whorls make me think of a choppy sea, but as if you were seeing it from the bottom of the ocean.

Next, you'll see a great project he did for an optician. For that project, he did special finishes on the walls to make them look like crumbling old block walls and a different finish on the columns and beams of the ceiling. I have always loved the finish he did on the ceiling beams/columns. The textures and colors were so perfect for the space and the look they were trying to achieve. The client bought a special mural wallpaper that was installed between the beams to give it that Michaelango look.
And finally, my sentimental favorite. This comes from the first large project of Kevin's I was privileged to see in person. He did all the walls and most of the ceilings for an addition to the home of a former White House advisor. I distinctly remember walking through the door and being amazed and awestruck at what he was able to do. I had never seen anything like it. The walls glowed as if bathed with the most beautiful candelight even though it was mid day. Walking further into the library (as pictured) his special ceiling finish set off the wood panelling so beautifully standing in the middle of the room, you felt like you were in a Tiffany gift box - it made you feel like the jewel in the magnificent setting.
-- the Molto Bene wife



Comments