Feeling Florida






Architecture by Bender & Associates/Interior Design by T W Black Inc/Landscape Architecture by Craig Reynolds Text by John Loring/Photography by Ken Hayden
Architectural Digest March 2009

This week, we are going to do Florida inspiration, starting with a Key West interior that has an enormous amount of pop and a very cool wall finish (okay, okay, the ceiling rocks too.) The Moorish influence here is so lush and dramatic. There is a special moorish wall finish that is supposed to stand up to speeding bullets, but truthfully here I am more interested in the mood that was created with the soft walls and exotic colors - the molto bene wife

Comments

Alkemie said…
I have saw this home in AD and I completely fell in love with it! I love moorish architecture. Lovely post :)

Cheers,
Karen Olivia
Anonymous said…
Hi...thanks for the comment on Trouvais..yes (of course) you can use the plaster pics...I think they're originally from House and Garden (wish I hadn't torn them out of the magazine). They reminded me of a beautiful little chapel at Castello di Bibbione south of Florence. All azure light and dark shades within with flecks of gold. When we returned a few years later the owners had "restored" the chapel and the beauty was gone. Weep.