Art Deco







Like Art Deco? I am a huge fan, as is Kevin. The 30s and the 40s in particular capture my imagination.


I think that plaster finishes work really well in an Art Deco space. These are shots from a project we did in Chicago, featured many times before. Here is why I think this finish worked so well there --


a) unified the space and warmed it

b) there was a lot of glitter and shine (mirrored furniture, glass, etc.) and having Lusterstone on the walls complemented that while adding even more texture

c) made the space glow at night -- and this was really an "at night" kind of space
When I think of Art Deco, I think of rounded shapes, luxurious "Movie Star" textures, mirrors, glass, soaring lines. Could someone in a silk bias cut gown or top hat and tails be at home in a space like this? I think so.


-- the molto bene wife

Photos and wall finishes by Molto Bene

Comments